Sunday, December 18, 2005

ice biking

Been a little bit since I updated. We've been killing it out at dryer rd on wednesday and sundays. I think this last wednesday night it was around 5 whole degrees! Well we braved it, even though my light went out it was a nice moonlit night so I wasn't even worried. My shock is another story, i think it needs to be rebuilt pretty bad. Riding today I had zero front end and 5 inches in the rear. Really odd to corner and descend, but great to climb with.

Man did we get a big ol ice storm plus about 6 inches of snow on top of it overnight. On my commute home on the ny thruway, it took me about 2 hours to go 25-30 miles. In this section of highway I saw 23! cars off the side off the road, most of em totalled. Saw a few cars even flipped upside down.

I managed to escape unharmed, but it didn't last long. On my way into work on saturday, I smoked a deer with my car. Didn't even see it till the last second (isn't that how they usually happen). Luckily, I escaped unharmed, the deer got a 9.4 from the judges for its 1 and a half gainer with an inverted twist. Seeing as how my focus is such a small car, I'm suprised it didnt come thru the windshield. My hood and grill were crushed, but at least it was drive-able as I still had to get to work on time.


Top Ten Reasons to ask Santa for a Powermeter

Message by Frank Overton
If you have the bling this holiday season, a powermeter will bring 10 times more to your game than any ultra light frame, aero gizmo-zoo, or carbon component. And with the rise in popularity amongst the amateur ranks, the competition from training with power is fiercer than ever.

PezCyclingNews.com
12/13/05 12:17 AM

~J



No comments: