Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Blame it on the Rain

So today as is usual for a wednesday, our usual group of slackers hit the road for a ride. Mark, Suzanne and I hit the road around 8 am (an hour late due to an alarm clock fiasco ;). Rode over to pick up Hanggi and Chris and then head South to Branchport to meet up with Casey. It was a pretty mellow and relatively flat route heading south, but we did have to fight a stiff headwind down.



We picked up Casey in Branchport then preceded to bury ourselves on 3 climbs in a row. I'm feeling pretty good on the climbs so far as I haven't done too many, but the super steep stuff (aka Yoder Hill) is killing me, or is it that everyone had compact gearing? At least I redeemed myself on Sid Vicious, I got dropped on the second kick, but reeled everyone in with a super effort.



After we wrapped up the climbs we headed north back to G-town. Our basic strategy was to get the ride in before the rain came as the temperatures were super awesome in the morning (50+). Pretty much as we got in our pace line and started moving the rain started coming down. Boy did it ever come down. It was absolutely pouring out and coming down in buckets. We were lucky though, and managed to have a decent tail wind. We pretty much just put our heads down and drilled it all the way back. We dropped Hanggi and Chris off and Mark, Casey and I slogged the last few miles together. Somehow miraculously we got green at every light and pulled into the driveway just in time. I think another 500 meters or so of rain and cold would've caused the 3 of us to collapse.



No photos today though due to the weather.



Listening to: Welcome To The Black Parade from the album "The Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance

No comments: