Monday, February 20, 2006

29er days are here

paragon_yellow

That's the new ride. Thanks to Matt at Fisher/Bontrager for hooking me up. Soon to be lightened up with all the Bonty carbon she can handle

Marky Mark, pulled a special covert op and built her up for me this past Friday night. We ran her through her initial paces on saturday morning. I was a little dogged from some catch up training after being away for a week, plus the fact it was 8 degrees and snowing harshly. So it wasn't much of a great trial run, especially with the damage done to the trails after the recent crazy windstorms. But I wasn't satisfied so I set her up for another test run.

I pulled the rig out for a nice solo ride on the frozen tundra of dryer rd. (not to be confused with the fisher singlespeed 29er "rig"). What can I say, I was quite impressed. Where have these bikes been? Coming from a 5" cake I rarely missed having the rear suspension as the big ol wheels soaked up all the bumps and spit em out. Once that bad girl gets moving she hauls balls up the hills and over anything in er way.

I'm quite impressed overall with the entire ride of the bike. I'm new to the SRAM world of shifting and can say so far I'm liking the shifters. I can't wait to line her up at a start line soon.

No comments: