Sunday, April 23, 2006

Finally Back home

I disappeared off the radar for a week as I was down in Birmingham, AL for some work. Man was it hott down there! A few days it was in the 90's, of course there were also some pretty heavy thunderstorms. I'll try to see if I can upload the video that I took while I was driving my rental car thru the flood! Pretty amazing as you watch the water come right over the hood! Good thing it was a rental.

But I'm glad to be back. I worked in that it was my rest week for training so that worked out good. I hate rest weeks. For some reason for me they only make me sluggish. I love my 3rd week of my training block, usually tired as a dog, but somehow thats always when I tend to have some good legs.

Speaking of good legs, mine were definately missing today at the GVCC Spring Classic, I got popped hard about the 5th time up Furman hill. I just had no legs at all, never found my rythmn. Usually on the climb I dig it as it suits me well. I rode around for another lap then bailed as it was cold and wet. Just another sign that if it's missing rocks and dirt, I should be somewhere else...

Hopefully my legs show up tuesday night.

How about the intense racing that went on this weekend. Tommy D diced it up with Floyd at the Tour of Georgia or How about Valverde pulling off the double! I think he could be a real contender for the tour this year.

No comments: