Sunday, January 13, 2008

Last of the decent weather days

Got out for plenty of ride time this past weekend. Weather was fairly decent here these past two days, so I had to take advantage of it. Unfortunately, it's not sticking around and snow and colder temps are due to return. Maybe I'll pull out the mountain bike if the trails freeze up.

Yesterday, I put in a few hours. I rode the same route as this past tuesday. I was quite amazed at the power file after I reviewed them both. Time, TSS, and avg power were nearly identical, the major difference was that my hr was quite a bit lower than the Tuesday ride. I was pretty psyched about that as lower hr over the same power is a good indicator of improvement in fitness.

Today I headed south down to Penn Yan get some rolling hills in. Ended up with just over 4 hours total time. I'm not climbing as I'd like to yet, but there plenty of room for improvement. On my way home I noticed that my front tire was getting soft, I pulled out my spare and realized it was no good, doh! I emptied my co2 into the slow leaking tube and it held up.

Good news is I put a pretty good bump in my CTL this week!

Currently playing in iTunes: Intervention by The Arcade Fire

No comments: