Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Lunch time getaway

It was darn near 50 degrees today, unfortunately I slept like crap last night so I never managed to wake up early and put in a decent ride. I decided I would try to milk as much sleep as I could. As a result, I took an extended lunch and headed out for a ride.

Seeing as I only had an hour I just went out and slammed it. Pushed it in the upper tempo zones and really worked it on a few climbs. I really felt great on the bike today. 10 minutes into my nice 50 degree ride it started raining and raining good.

100_0958.jpg


I was pretty good and soaked to the bone, but I was damn near loving every moment of it. Thankfully I decided to wear full leg warmers instead of knee warmers. The fenders worked great in keeping my ass and back dry, but my feet still got wet.

For some reason, when the weather is nasty I really love to go out and just push myself as hard as I can. I love riding in the rain (I just don't like starting in it). Some of my favorite races and best performances have been in rainy/muddy conditions. I can't pinpoint what it is but it just feels a little bit primal...

020508.jpg


Todays power file...

Well looks like its going to get nasty again the next few days. Probably will be forced onto the trainer unless the ground freezes one of em.....blah

Currently playing in iTunes: Back Out On The ... by Broken Social Scene Presents Kevin Drew

No comments: