Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rollin with the Crew

Yesterday morning was an unbelievable day for mid-Feb in Upstate NY. Temps were near 50 and the sun was actually shining. Headed out on the road with Mark and Suzanne Hartman for a nice early am ride. I was on the roadie (as that's where the power meter is) while Mark and Suzanne were rockin' their respective 29ers.

We headed out pretty much right into the wind and hit a few nice hills. Steep, and short, but long enough to make you suffer. I've not really done any super hill work or anything steep as of yet, so I wanted to see how the engine was running. Figured the few hills would be a good test, but not wear me out too much. Besides the small ring shifting isn't really working. (Yup, I do zero maintenance on my road bike, you can tell by the water bottle bolt replaced with wrapped duct tape). So I was forced to grind up the hills and actually felt really good. I was suprised to feel as good as I was considering the past few days of training.

Hopefully Mark will get some nice pics up as he had his helmet cam, maybe even a video.

In the meantime, enjoy The Champ's latest Video

I'll take the next few days off here and recover. The weather is shaping up for a nice weekend, so I'll be back on the bike Thursday. (probably hitting the dirt). Hopefully, It'll stay as is and I can put some huge miles in this weekend and maybe even get down into the hills in Naples.

Currently playing in iTunes: Walcott by Vampire Weekend

No comments: