Tuesday, May 06, 2008

CAT Classic/Michaux

Chris Eatough won at 3:59. Early on in the race I was running probably 5th or 6th about 10 miles in heard a nasty grinding noise, thought it was a rock caught in my chainrings. It was a small chainring bolt came loose, WTF. I checked every bolt 2x so that wouldn't happen! I couldn't get it back in with my mini tool so I just removed it. I tried a few times and got frustrated and just wanted to get back on the trail. Few minutes later same sound, doh forgot to tighten the others when I first stopped. Could only make 1/8th of a turn on the bolts with my mini tool and it took forever to tighten the bolts down. Slammed it back on to the trail and worked my way back to picking off riders as much as I could. Course was so rocky it was really hard to get speed in the trails. I worked hard and finally came around with about 25k to go and started feeling really good. Picked off a few more riders and made it in at 5:11xx

15th age group, 25th overall. My computer read 4:56xx (5th age/7th overall!!)

Oh, the cat classic xc on saturday, that course was just brutally technical and rocky again. I just never found my legs and pulled the plug after 2 laps. Too much rest.....

1 comment:

Chris said...

locktite-the red.