Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Threshold work in the wind

Yesterday's wind was pretty brutal. I was going to piggy back a threshold workout on monday with the race from sunday, but the rain came and I decided to do some work on my other bikes.

So I opted to head out the door last night and get in a crusher. I was actually feeling really good and fresh off the bat so, I nailed out one of my intervals right away, and it happened to be my best one. Very odd as it was done on the flats, and I usually have a hard time putting out power on the flats, but I think the strong winds really helped. After that I rocked out a few more. I tend to just do my intervals fartlek style and let them occur naturally in my riding route. This means, I'll go hard where it warrants, and not worry about slamming it on a downhill or through a corner. I just focus on getting total time in the area I'm woking at. It was a good day for that as I managed 55 minutes at or above my threshold.

4_29_2008 Click for full size

So I'm all signed up for the CAT Classic this coming Saturday in PA. Going to keep heading south and over to the Michaux Maximus 50 miler on Sunday. Hopefully the weather pans out and stays dry. A bonus of the race being in Gettysburg, is that work has a customer a few towns over, so I'm going to stay thru Monday and write off the whole trip, SWEET!

Currently playing in iTunes: We Carry On by Portishead

No comments: