Friday, April 25, 2008

Wheelman Ride

WheelmanRoute4_24_08Click for full Size

Yesterday headed over to the Geneva Bicycle Center and headed out with a few new riders to hit the old Wheelman route. It's about a 38 mile ride with a few rolling hills, nothing major though. I added a few miles by riding there and back.

I was on the paragon, while everyone else was on the roadies. I suffered like a dog, it was a lot harder work than I thought it would be. But it was a great workout, with lots of time at threshold. Considering I don't think I ever made the ride once last year, I think they were teaching me a lesson for not showing up in a while ;) I tried my hand at a few attacks, and was able to bridge a few others, but the bike doesn't have the top end speed to bust out a killer move on the road or in a sprint. If I was on the trails it might've been a different story....

Time to rest up and clean up the road bike so I can ride that for the next time I make it out.

Coming up this Sunday is the Ramble around Prattsburgh, hope to see you there.

Currently playing in iTunes: Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie

No comments: