Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Back to the grindstone

Back home after the Sea Otter. For the race report and some pics, etc go here. I'm pretty bushwacked. I didn't have my best race, but not at all concerned about it. I'll see some good gains from the fitness of 4 days of riding. Plus I got to ride with Gary Fisher, meet some cool people and rock the California singletrack!!

The Superfly easily conquered the dry, sandy, wide-open course. Yesterday, I put it back together and did a quick ride out to glenwood so that Lizzy could get a nice run in. Not that she didn't get a nice run in this past week. According to my sister, she let her out for a bit and lizzy disappeared. A few hours later, my boss called and she had shown up for work!! I wonder if I get actual pay for her showing up in my stead rather than vacation pay? She was rather mopey while I was gone, so the run did her good.

What's with this weather? Not complaining at all, but rather enjoying it. Seems like everything is up and blooming as compared to dull and dreary when I left.

I learned a good little lesson while out west. Don't drink 4 margaritas the size of your head the evening after the race. The hippie and I headed out for some post race celebration at the local mexican restaurant down the block from the hotel. A few drinks later, I vaguely remember making it back to the desk and asking the clerk to help me to my room. The time between dinner and then, well let's just say the memory card was full and stopped recording. I fared a little better than the hippie though, he was found wandering around the village, in his socks. Somehow he lost his shoes. The local pd, picked him up and were kind enough to take him back to the hotel and not have any issues with it at all. It was all good, except I lost my f@cking iPhone!!! somewhere in the mix!! Guess that's my punishment...and believe me I paid during the 8 hours of traveling home the next day.

I'm working on getting the video of my ride on the Sea Otter course converted up and chopped down into something a bit smaller so I can upload it......

1 comment:

Chris said...

That is hard luck, but not DFL, and riding with Fisher and those guys is totally rad!