Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Another Warm Spell

Man, we are just lucking out with the training weather here in the Northeast. Looking at the temp gauges my widgets are giving me says its 57!! degrees outside. Under normal circumstances I'd probably be doing everything I can to get outside. But we are doing a little night riding tonight so It's all good.

It was pretty decent over the weekend also and managed to put in a good 100k on the road up north on the lake. Mark, Suzanne, and I took the guided tour from Brandon. We headed out to Sodus Point and back, along the way our guide filled us with drunken stories from his youth about stealing golf carts, stealing boats, driving trucks on the ice and all sorts of drunken craziness.

Post ride I think he was trying to get us to relive those days as he gave us a nice pint of beer that was 10% alcohol! for our recovery drink. Needless to say it only takes on of those after a long ride for us to start jabbering away on old race and ride stories. It was a good fun ride and relaxing weekend. Looking forward to doing something like that again.

~J

EDIT: Just got a phone call that Mark's Mother's cancer is back from remission: I hope everyone can send some good energy her way.

No comments: