Thursday, December 07, 2006

First (but not last) Trainer Ride of Season

Tuesday night at Dryer was interesting. Ended quickly when Casey slipped off his bars and took a digger over log. Resulted in my first "walk-out" of the woods ever. Pretty good I'd say considering the number of races/rides I have done over the past 11? or so years. He got checked out in the emergency room and I believe ended up with no major problems; albeit a possibly initially separated shoulders and some good bruising.

(Casey post in the comments and let us know how you are doing)

Last night was my first trainer ride of the season; man I really dread that thing. I can now understand why cycling in the US will never catch on with the youth. A: Who wants to sit on some torture device and stare at the wall and B: It's too frigging cold outside 5 months of the year for them with the gaming console of choice so easily available.

My power numbers have dipped a little bit now that I'm back on the road bike with the power-tap. Funny as I can only really tell on the road; on the trails I'm feeling really great and pushing bigger gears than I was last year at this time on the same climbs. I chalk it up to a longer off-season compared to years past along with the lack of road riding or any intensity for that matter the last 3 months. The good news is that I can pretty much only grow from this point. I am feeling a progression of getting stronger and it's only really been 4 weeks in the prep phase. I've dropped about 3 kilos of weight; feeling alot more focused and motivated to excel in next season. Scary to think that the GVCC Giro races are something like 14-15 weeks away??


~J

Listening to ''Suzie'', by Boy Kill Boy

No comments: