Monday, August 06, 2007

Highland Forest Classic

Oh how I dread normal xc racing.... Having spent most of my season geared towards training for a 24 hour race, their really isn't much room/time in training for the anaerobic and extended periods of time that one spends at threshold during an xc race. Yesterday, I decided that I needed to save cash and gather some form for the Suicide Six so I bagged out on the Wilderness 101 and hit the Highland Forest Classic XC Race.

Pretty much my 1st true xc race this season and a bit of an eye opener. Switching gears from surviving climbs to attacking climbs is a completely different mindset. I pretty much settle into consistency mode when I do the longer events. Focusing on not wasting energy, eating properly, picking clean lines, and proper gearing to save energy on the hills. XC is all about ripping it up as fast as you possibly can handle. Ya, I suffered alot more than I should have. By about the time I crossed the finish line, I was ready to go. I pulled down a 3rd place in the Semi-Pro class, after getting my chain tangled in the spokes and making a seat adjustment on course.

Not that I'm complaining, I chose my own undoing. Hell this used to be my forte...

Next up is Farmall #1, and then hoping to carry some form into the Suicide Six. I hit hollister this past wed night for a few laps. Ripped out 3 laps (including 1 night lap in just over 2 hours, so things are looking good for that place!


Currently playing in iTunes: Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie

No comments: