Sunday, November 26, 2006

Holiday Weekend

Hope everyone out there had a good turkey day. I know I enjoyed all the fixings and the family time for sure!
The weather has been absolutely amazing the past few days and looks to continue right on thru next weekend. That sure as hell is some good news for me as I'm trying to keep off the trainer as much as I can this season.

Friday, I busted out a great ride. I was down on Keuka lake at Erin's parents cottage for the holiday and brought my roadie down so I could ride home due to the great weather. Put in close to 4 hours as I toiled down in the hills for a bit before I hit north and headed up through Italy Valley and home. I was a little overdressed for the climbs, but I'd rather be safe than sorry at this time of the year. In the evening, Erin's family and I headed to Buffalo for a Sabres games. I'm a huge fan of the Sabres and was looking for a good time, well we certainly got that. Game went into overtime, and the Canadiens scored with 1 second to go in OT!!! It was crazy. The entire arena was stunned, you coulda heard a pin drop when the puck went in the net. Final score Habs 2, Sabres 1.

Saturdays Temps hit the low 60's so I pulled out the mountain bike and headed over to Dryer Rd to hit the trails with EJ and Jimmy. Had a great time ripping it up over there for a bit. I had to utilize the good weather clause with Erin, as she was painting the living room :)

Anyways its 55 out right now at 10am and I'm heading out the door for a nice road ride.

~J
Listening to ''Truckers Atlas'', by Modest Mouse

No comments: