Thursday, November 30, 2006

Luck is about to Change

Looks like our good weather is about to end. It's still hovering around 70 right now, but wind is picking up and the rain showers will be moving in soon. Hopefully I can get in my ride to the gym and back without getting too wet. Not sure how I'll fill in my gaps for riding this weekend. If it doesn't get too wet, I'll probably just be on the mountain bike the whole time. If its nasty guess it's time to bust out the Medieval torture device.

I did manage to get in a good night ride on Tuesday night. There was 6 of us ripping up the trails (and 3 of us were on 29ers, with another's on order!) It was good fun. I seemed to suffer quite a bit on the climbs after hitting the gym the night before. I'd forgotten how much soreness you can accumulate in your legs from the weights. It really hit me hard on the super steep stuff. Rode a bunch of new trails over at Dryer Rd, they've been working on that place a ton and its coming a long ways. Always seems like there are a ton of cars in the lot. I think it's really becoming a mecca for riders around this area.

Yesterday I managed to sneak out and get a decent road ride in. Short, but sweet. Just stretching the legs and enjoying being outside. I rode without my always-by-my-side-trusty-ipod. It was nice to be free from it's reigns and listen to the sounds of the road. Apparently, alot of other people were up to the same hijinks as the golf courses were packed!

~J

EDIT: Spoke to soon....just heard some sprinkles on the windows

No comments: