Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Preparation

It's that time of the year again for cyclists in who have wrapped up their past season. I'm through the rest and relaxation phase and on to the prep phase. I've planned out the majority of my season and my season goals. Now it's just up to me to get back into the swing of things. Funny thing is as a cyclist you are used to the 'routine' during the racing season. It swallows you whole; day-in day-out you are focusing on your training, eating and prepping for the next race. It becomes you; and then you spend 2 weeks sitting on your ass enjoying the good life and undoing everything you worked for. The hardest thing in the world is to swing yourself back into that routine.

Well, I've managed to peel myself off the couch and start putting the time back into the gym and on the bike. Managing some decent rides over at Dryer Rd and even got out on the road bike for 3 hours on Saturday. Starting to get used to being back in the 'routine' and enjoying it again. My goal this off-season is to stay off the trainer as much as possible. I'd rather freeze my toes and fingers off on the trail than have my eyes bleeding from staring at the wall as I go nowhere for an hour or so.

More later...
~J

No comments: