Thursday, October 06, 2005

Leaves are changing...

The leaves on the trees are changing and that means the days are getting too short. Seems like every time I go out for a ride, I'm getting out the door late leaving me with less time to ride and I always forget my light set-up! Man is it incredible to look at the different colors of the leaves when you're temporarily blinded by the wonderful lactic acid induced haze, seems like you're tripping on acid when you look out into the hills and see the swirling colors.

I hit the dirt yesterday down in Naples, doing stid hill and OCP. I ran out of time but would've loved to climb over the top of Bristol Mt also. On the road between the two, I came across a roadie decked on his ride, who refused to recognize me. Now, I was on my mt. bike, a little bit dirty, I waved as I usually do, The guy didn't even bother to look in my direction. In his haste to look all hardcore he had to keep on pumping forward. I just had to chuckle to myself, unless your joe-pro, show some respect to other riders, I wave to grandma when I'm out for a ride. Who knows it might go a long way in producing interest in the sport in the long run.

Today, is the last of our warm front, its been near 80 and perfect every day. It would probably last forever, except I have tickets to the BIlls-Dolphins game this sunday. That is the sole reason it's getting colder, with any luck it will probably snow there. The weather when I usually go to the game is either raining, snowing, below zero or any combination of the previous. But a little bit of alcohol keeps the body warm. Plus I get to wear my F@#k the Dolphins! T-shirt, always a fan favorite. My brother is a big phins fan so I love to get him going anyway I can.

J

No comments: