Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Season Break

What a perfect time to take an end of season break. The weather has been absolutely horrid here, and I would much rather be sitting inside with my babe and lizzy (my dog) in front of the fireplace.

Seeing as how I don't race cross', I am taking my end of season break. Although I probably would race if I could figure out how to support 3 race rigs/seasons/more weekends away from home. Taking an end of season break is great, till about day 7. Living a rigorous lifestyle of training, concentrating on eating healthy (i said concentrating, not always doing it!), making plans for race weekends becomes ingrained. To take a few days off of it feels great, and eating mcdonalds and donuts is fun, but right now on day 8 with no exercise I feel like a blob. My legs are hairy, I'm staying up late, eating anything I want, and starting to crave exercise. Odd, but about right, I should be ready and geared up to go once my training season starts next week

On a side note, I have begun using David Allen's GTD or "Getting Things Done" system and installed it into my lifestyle. If you check out my stats page, you'll see a link to my to be done list and maybe get a sense of what I'm accomplishing here.

No comments: