Sunday, November 13, 2005

Nov 13th and still 60 degrees!

Whoops, I've been slacking a little bit here. Especially been slacking on the podcast. What can I say, I've been busy.

My new toy is virtual pc , allows me to use winblows xp on my mac and upload my power-tap files of the road bike and hac4 files of the mountain bike, see the altitude for todays ride on the dirt (yah its in the metric system if you can't figure it out by now...). Agh, i feel so dirty!

Picture 1

I did some night riding on Friday night, with Mark, Suzanne their pup cadence, and my pup lizzy. We headed over to Dryer Road in Victor. The riding was perfect, almost full moon sky meant you could pretty much see everything without your lights. Chasing after the dogs (especially lizzy) when they chased after deer wasn't fun, but we put red flashers on em so we could spot em from a mile away. Some craziness ensued at one point, cadence took off after a deer, then lizzy did. We could hear her up in the meadow barking at them, so we waited for her. Turned off the lights and sat as she usually comes back, however we heard this thundering roar of movement and could sense something charging right at us! We were in the dark so it was a quick grab the lights, just to my left a deer bounces by and a huge buck lands right in front of Suzanne, quick change of direction and it bounds off right off her back wheel! Lizzy comes flying down to us all happy she had herded them to us, meanwhile we were frozen in fear. After that we decided to leave, only to be greeted by someone shining a flashlight and "Down Here Please" Seem the local 5-0 didn't like where we were parked at. Ooops, at least we were on our way out..


Did I just see a commercial for the tv show "House" in which the patient is a mountain biker who is blood doping?
~J

No comments: