Saturday, June 10, 2006

No Boulder

Doesn't look like I'm going to be heading to Boulder, CO anytime soon. It's a pretty big decision to make so close to d-day. Unfortunately the timing just isn't right for Erin and I. Hopefully in the near future the timing will be right and we'll be able to make the jump.

The one thing that really sucks is we signed a lease and even made the 1st month's payment. Doesn't look like we are going to collect that anytime soon. It's been pretty distressing but that life. Sometimes you gotta play the cards you are dealt and make the best of them77

So I'll just have to stay around here and keep spinning the cranks with you guys. That doesn't sound so bad!

Man was my bike ever hosed from the Highland Hex! I couldn't even deal with it, so I just brought it down to the Geneva Bicycle Center and let Mark work on it. Gonna go with a new set-up too. Getting rid of the trigger shifter on the left and putting a grip shifter on there. Mark's run that set-up and loves it and so don't a bunch of the SRAM sponsored pro's. Due to the bike being trashed I didn't make it to the Park Ave wed night series, and not sure if I will make any of them. Real Busy Schedule coming up!

With such a heavy schedule, I'm taking this weekend off and Erin and I are heading up to Old Forge, NY for a relaxing weekend. Rented a little Cabin, some dinner action and going on a canoe trip down the moose river Sunday morning. Should be loads of fun and just the relaxing break I need. I just hope I don't get too rusty though...

This coming Friday is Mt. Snow NORBA XC, and I have to pack up and haul ass back to NY for the HardCore 24. It's going to be a tough weekend of racing!

No comments: