Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Paris Ancaster

Well, the first effort of the season is down and out of the way.  Thank god, it was only a little over 2 hours.  That was painful for sure.  I was pretty happy with my performance in the first half of the race, but I cracked about 50-55 minutes in.  Just haven't been training for that type of power output.  My back started aching really bad and I began to not even be able to hold a single wheel at any point.  I under-estimated the water I would need and suffered pretty bad on that point also.  It was quite a bit warmer than I thought it was going to be so that didn't help.



All in all it was good to get out there and lay it down, even if it wasnt the result I was looking for.  There are always plenty of other events out there and second chances so we will see at the next one........

No comments: