Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Game On!

Well this weekend was a bit of a wash. Mother nature didn't want to let me out the door on Saturday. Saturday night was Suzanne's 30th birthday party. The Hallejuneva crew hit the local bowling lanes with flair. A bunch of skinny bike racers and a few beers makes for a rowdy crowd. After getting slapped in the face by the cost of "cosmic" bowling, we decided to do regular bowling and had ourselves a blast. Highlight of the night was Hanggi's two-handed over the head soccer-style throw!! Haha, I can't believe we didn't get kicked out.

Sunday was laid low, very very low. You see, Mr. Jagermeister and I became too good of friends back at Mark and Suzanne's place. Talking to him a few times is alot of trouble. I paid for it all day and I mean all day. And just getting back from the bike shop, so did Mark!

I did manage to get out last night. Temps are starting to warm up and the sun is shining. The new daylight savings time is awesome!! It was another great day on the paragon. Put in some miles and a few good hard efforts for about 2 hours total time. With any luck here I may shift my work schedule a bit earlier so I can start putting in 3-4 hour days on a regular basis. Power-tap is back, time to bump things up a little bit.

Major Side Note!!: I'm going to Sea Otter. Woohoo! Never been to Cali, and nothing like the first race of the season being an xc race against a huge field of semi-pro's. The legs are for sure going to hurt. Guess I better start putting in some more "xc" training hours for this one. Thanks to the folks at Crankskins, as I'll be heading out there with EJ and the crew. Working the booth/tent and sneaking away for some rides as much as possible.

"Wrap Your Crank!!"


Crankskins

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sea Otter will be so cool! Take tons of pictures!