Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spinning in the Rain

I'm Spinning in the rain, just spinning in the rain...Well, the weather here in Upstate NY is at it's usual finest. Luckily, or perhaps unluckily, the snow is gone. But, ma nature isn't being extremely kind.

Yesterday it was in the mid 40's and wet, gusty and rainy. I had to head out of town the past 2 days for work related business, so I decided to loosen the legs up after work this evening. Having come off a nice epic ride this past weekend I definitely needed to get the blood flowing.

I hemmed and hawed at whether or not to go, why not just skip it? It's just a short ride to loosen up the legs. Well it took one glance at my bracelet, and my mantra for the current season:

Harden the f@ck up!

That was enough to light a fire and keep me warm for the entire ride.

Hopefully the weather cooperates and can get out the next few days. I've refused to ride the trainer for this season and regardless, get all my miles in on the road/trails (and I've been pretty good at it too!).

Considering my days left till race season was just cut in half as I'm heading out to Sea Otter next month, every day get's extremely important!

How does one know they are chomping at the bit? When the phone calls for Easter dinner come in, and you are running in your head how you can fit in a 6+ hour ride and still make it home in time for the food to be warm!

Woohoo Happy Spring!!!

2 comments:

Fabian said...

I assume your mantra came from here?

Jason Hilimire said...

That was hilarious, but not where the mantra came from unfortunately, but perhaps I could "steal it" and claim it did?