Friday, February 16, 2007

iBook is Back in Action

Picked my iBook back up yesterday from the Apple Store. Pretty much a whole new computer. New processor, motherboard, hard-drive. They removed my 3rd party ram (which I'm really missing) and claimed that was part of the problem. I'm not sure if it is or was, but the RAM is guaranteed forever and I have an email out to the company. I tried calling them a few times, but each time conveniently it seems there is no one available?



As far as getting setting up with the new harddrive, I had everything backed up so just dumped it back on. The pain in the ass was re-downloading all my applications. Luckily, I still had all their preferences (.plist) files saved and no searching for serial numbers or registration codes. My email was quick and no problems to get back into action. Having my email piped into gmail I noticed I got zero spam. I also really liked using the gmail interface with the greasemonkey scripts for firefox. Made it all quicksilver like. I'm unsure right now if I'm gotta fully make the jump to gmail or not. Right now I'll stick with my system. I did however give up my rss reader Newsfire for the web based Google Reader. After using that for a bit I'm gonna stick with it.



I did try out one of the video sites I recommended yesterday, TotalVid.com and downloaded the video Elemental. The only gripe that I have about the system is that it adds windows .DRM. It's not a big deal overall, but you gotta download some windows stuff, only available through IE, forced to watch it in Windows Media Player. Nothing like having your arm twisted when it comes t your choices. But for $3.99 I have a week to watch it and its on my work laptop which has a much larger screen than my iBook.



Looking forward to tomorrow's Power Training Seminar. I'll give a wrap-up of that and the video this weekend.



Listening to: Punkrocker (Feat. Iggy Pop) from the album "Soft Machine" by Teddybears



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: