Thursday, May 10, 2007

Farmall #1

Well, tuesday night finally got that first blowout of the legs out. Those ones always hurt. The course is so short and with so many super-steep climbs you are pretty much on the rivet the entire race. At least they re-routed the very first climb, but the course is still really brutal. I pulled down hard fought 2nd place finish to a shifting gears racer from Buffalo. I'll take it. XC isn't my game anymore so throwing down for an hour or so hurts a hell of alot more than it used to.

After the ride, I decided to put some more time in so Mark, Suzanne, Casey, Hanggi and I headed out to the MPH. We were flying around that place, the legs were a little rough on the climbs, but overall not bad. Then disaster struck. On a gnarly descent, I'm following Casey down, I see his light flop around, then his bike. He was laying a few yards away and in some serious pain. I jumped off and ran over to him and he had a nasty puncture wound in his shin about the size of a half-dollar. There was stick in the bushes, that snagged his leg and catapulted him. Loads of blood everywhere! We worked our best to calm him and used the 4-wheeler to pull him out of the trail. Mark and Hanggi took him off to the ER. There he found out that it almost went completely thru his leg! Bummer dude as it looks like he is off the bike for a few weeks. Best of luck and a speedy recovery!

Last night; Mark, Jer-bear and I pulled off a nice little ride down at BirdsEye Hollow off Keuka Lake. Put in a good barn-burner of a day. A nice little out and back for a good 3 hours. Although the woods were pretty upset at us. I took a nasty spill in the 1st 100 yards, 2 flats in the 1st mile, Jer-bear ripped up his jersey on a spill, and Mark flatted again on the way out. But the trail was some awesome stuff to behold. Cannot wait to go back and rip it up again.

Hopefully this rain doesn't do too much damage to the trails. I'm in need of a nice little epic ride down in Naples this saturday morning. Mark and I are gonna pull of some dawn patrol around 5:30 am so he can lay down some time in the am before work. I'm gonna add some x time. Working on the big build for The Hardcore 24. All is looking awesome for that as my CTL is reaching some of the highest scores I've ever seen.

Out.....

No comments: