Thursday, May 17, 2007

Farmall Victory!!

Well, Tuesday night was a great night at Farmall #2. Bagged the first W of the year for myself and the first W for the Supercaliber. It was definitely a hard fought race.

Off the gun, I settled into 3rd place and then slipped into 2nd up the first climb. Giving chase to the leader, keeping on his wheel and catching him on the 1st climb. About ready to make the pass up the grinder climb and my chain slips up. The leader slips away, maxing out to around maybe 35 seconds or so. I chased with everything I had, I think my hr was pegged around 185 for the 1st few laps.

Heavy chasing ensues for the next few laps




I finally caught him near the end of the 4th lap, put out a nice little attack up the steep climb and opened a decent size gap. I was able to maintain and hold the gap for the duration. I extended it to a max at the line of around 2 minutes. The bonus was I took almost exactly 2 minutes off my time from the previous week.


Raising the arms for the Victory!!

Next week is the showdown, Winner takes all for the series!

For the full collection of photos (Taken by the lovely Tif) Click here Huge thanks to my Grams and Tif for the support. It's always awesome to win in front of family!

Naturally though, as form is up high, health comes down. I paid big for the victory as I left work early yesterday with a nasty head cold and cough. Rested up yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be a night ride (probably short though as my light is not working properly, grrr) Saturday another big one and Sunday 1 more big ride. That should max me out nice and ready for my taper into the Hardcore 24

I'm super digging the Supercaliber. The machine just rocks, climbs like a rocket and descends like a downhill demon. Next weekend at the Epic 8 hours is going to be awesome! Plus it will be Tif's 1st time running support crew, making sure to work out all the kinks before the hardcore! :-x

No comments: