Monday, March 27, 2006

Need a new alarm clock

It was a pretty good weekend for riding, even though I only managed to make it to the Giro and overslept for the mountain bike race. I had set 2 different alarms on my cell phone for 4 am and neither one went off. When I managed to check my phone to see what time it was the alarm started going off, only problem it was 5:35. Whoops, the dog new I should've been getting up as she woke me up around 3:30 and refused to go outside when I tried to take her. I hit the bed to grab the last 20 minutes, and the rest is history, oh well wasn't meant to be.

Giro-
Not too bad of a day, an early break got formed, but was reeled in pretty quickly. A second break took off that gained the interest of series leader Jay Josslyn so I jumped on his wheel for a ride up to the break. Our group of 8 worked together really well and we stayed away the entire time. Only problem for me is that I was suffering like a dog, I took a few turns off then jumped back in after I recovered. Last lap, Scheske attacked, I covered it too quickly as it put me in a hole and ended up getting popped off. I put in a big effort on the long hill and re-bridged. Quickly a solo attack went and the group took its time to cover it, as he was caught, Jay Delillo launched with 1k to go and looked like he was going to hold it, but Josslyn had different plans and the sprint was on. I was gassed from bridging and then just hanging on and had nothing in the tank for any sprint. But I'll take my 7th and be happy.

Sunday, Casey and I decided to punish ourselves for sleeping in with a nice epic road ride down into Naples. We headed down south into a solid headwind, picked up our buddy Henke (sp?) and rolled back into Victor, only to have the wind turn around an defy us the whole way north. We did manage to catch an awesome glimpse of the city of Rochester from afar, while at the top of one of the climbs, it was quite breathtaking. My legs were pretty crushed on Sunday, I don't know where the hell they went, maybe I spent them up on Saturday?

I'm excited about this week as it looks to be nice and warm and I have the traditional Wheelman's Cup coming up this Sunday!


~J


Phonak have announced a change of plan for recent Paris-Nice winner Floyd Landis who will now skip the Giro d'Italia.

www_eurosport_com
Eurosport
3/26/06 2:16 PM
18

Basso wins Criterium Stage 2

Already second on Saturday, Ivan Basso won Stage 2 of the Criterium International Sunday morning, taking the reins ahead the afternoon ITT.

www_eurosport_com
Eurosport
3/26/06 6:42 AM
18

Freire repeats in Brabantse Pijl

Oscar Freire ran an impressive race Sunday to win the Brabantse Pijl for the second year in a row.

www_eurosport_com
Eurosport
3/26/06 12:23 PM
18

Cunego clinches Settimana Internazionale

Damiano Cunego sealed the overall win as Riccardo Ricco outsprinted Paolo Bettini to win the final stage of the Settimana Internazionale.

www_eurosport_com
Eurosport
3/25/06 1:46 PM
18

No comments: