Sunday, August 07, 2005

ESG Day 1

Today was by far my most least favorite event; a 10 mile individual time trial. It was on a basically pancake flat course just a short ride here from SUNY New Paltz where we are staying. I pretty much did not sleep at all last night, and it showed in today's effort. I felt good pre-riding the course yesterday and warming up, but the top end wasn't there. My time was a pathetic 25:00 flat, good enough for 45th out of 60, winner was 21:55. It was a slow course due to the wind.

Our team spirit is in high morale as we swept the mens podium, and had 7 guys in the top 12, and we took 2 out of 3 medals in the womans podium. It was a big day here for us and hopes are high that tomorrow will be another big day. We celebrated down at the P & G pub with a few burgers and what not.

The food here at the college is pretty sub-par. I've been eating what I can and filling out my meals with cereal. It's tough though as there is no skim milk only 2 %, it's liking switching to thick cream after so long. Thankfully the weather has cooled off a bit as it was brutally hot on wed when I arrived

My weekend is set around tomorrow's road race and its on the ol Union Vale course, although there is no finishing climb like normal. I'm feeling good and ready for it. Our plan is to stack the breaks in our favor as we have by far the strongest team, and if we play our cards right we should come out on top.

For the games site click here

No comments: