Thursday, August 25, 2005

Snow

Sitting here at Mt. Snow, bored but ready to go. Nationals are a bit odd as you get there quite a bit early and have to wait, racing at 2 pm is just waiting and waiting and waiting. I'd rather go off early in the morning and get it over with.

Knock on wood the course is in pristine condition. I haven't seen anything this dry and this nice in a while. As usual it's full of its nasty rooty and rocky descents and short but leg-busting climbs. I pre-rode today and I'm psyched to get out there tomorrow and tear it up.

Seeing as I'm here with my girlfriend Erin, After the race we have some plans. She is pretty psyched that the hotel offers her yoga and that everything is so close by. But Saturday morning we are going to go Horseback riding. Never done that before so it should be quite interesting. Erin used to be a equestrian rider in High School and College, so I'm willing to bet she will be laughing at me as I flop all over the place.

The Hotel here is sweet. We have everything right here in our room, fridge, kitchen, etc. and the race course is out the back door. Quite a big step up again from tent camping over at Haystack.

The only thing that sucks is internet access is $10 per day! wtf, you'd think they would give you a deal or something!

No comments: