Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Is summer ending?

FOR ARCHIVED BLOGS CLICK ON THE DATES TO THE LEFT

Is it me or does the current weather (70's and cool) feel like the summer is coming to an end? I'm sure that everyone is bitchin that its too cold, when they were just bitchin its too hot. I think the weather is the one thing that no one is ever happy with. Also seem like the race season is winding down, but looking at my calendar I still have racing right into October. No cyclocross for me though...

I leave tomorrow for Mt. Snow Vermont, NORBA National. I' m hoping to bust out a great ride. I've worked my ass off this year and ready to earn it. Special Thanks to Frank Overton and Kristen Dieffenbach for setting me up and ready to go. If you are looking to get super fast give Frank a call. If you need some mental edge to get through that final push, look up Kristen.

This is going to be the first real vacation with my babe, Erin. It also happens to be our 1 year anniversary this sunday. Hopefully I don't screw it up too badly and remember it.

Yesterday I worked on a podcast, I figured out how to record my voice, insert a little intro music and whatnot. If you don't know what a podcast is, where the hell have you been living? Podcasting is pre-recorded entertainment that you "time-shift" That is you can listen to it on your iPod (or your mp3 player) anytime that you want. Check out iTunes for some great ones as there are tons out there and you can subscribe to them. If I ever get so inclined I may start a weekly show about cycling and maybe have a few guests to spice things up. I did record an entire show about 20 minutes long, it was a little bit amateurish as there were lots of 'uh's' in there so once I fix that I'll bring you a nice one :)

Also yesterday was the first day we had left the dog home alone for a full 8 hours. She was pretty excited to see me when I arrived home and refused to come back indoors. With that in mind I figured I would take her out to the trails and run her. We headed over to Dryer road and set out for a spin. I had to do some short 45 second intervals, so I was worried what to do with her at that point. Well into the first trail she was more fired up than I was and was holding my wheel, up down and over anything. After some time, I decided to see what would happen if I gunned it in the open field where I usually do intervals on my mt. bike. Well, let me tell you she can haul some serious ass! 45 seconds in the big ring as hard as I could go she was no slouch. She kept right up and even with the short recovery she was still there. I was laughing as it became a race between us to see if I could shake her off or if she could keep up. I was having fun and so was she. After just over an hour of riding including some intervals, I decided it was time to take her home and let her sleep a little bit. I will miss her the next 5 days that I'm gone....

Hopefully I have some net access at Snow and I can bring you a report on how things go down.

Thanks,
Jason

No comments: