Saturday, September 24, 2005

Adirondacks part deux

Where to Begin...
The final GVCC race went off last Tuesday night, my sorry ass was whupped from all the mt. biking I had done over the past weekend. I covered some early attacks, even took a solo flyer for a bit before I was bridged up to. After that I went back to the pack and proceeded to simply die a disastrous death. I was spent and slobbering on my stem so I hung a left and rode home.

My drive is a little low right now, the end of the season is nearing and I'm getting tired. Besides that my job sucks ass, typical work crap, but apparently I was born without my mindreading skills so that means I can't perfom my job task as properly noted in our employee handbook.

Fortunately plans are moving forward for a possible ship-jumping maybe at the end of next summer.

I'm up in the adirondacks again working. This time I skipped bringing the road bike and brought the mt. bike. I headed down to Mt. Van Hoevenberg the site of the 1980 Olympic XC skiing games and the 24 hours of the Adirondacks. Bummer that was cancelled this year as it would have been this weekend. The complex is closed during the week at this time of year so I tooled around and got lost trying to remember the 24 hour course. I did head over the the bobsled run and checked that out. I rode to the top of the hill, put my bike in the run and started to head down, my brakes were squeeling like a banshee from hell so I decided to make an early exit before I got caught (there were some lights on and a few carss). Besides that stuff was pretty steep, those fellas are nuts!!


The new Gary Fisher 06 lineup is online check it out here



Listening to ''Fix You'', by Coldplay

No comments: