Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Can't think of a title

I spent the majority of my weekend mountain biking on some awesome trails with Casey a bro of mine. We had a hell of a good time as it was part of the Highlander and we had decided to do the 25 mile loop twice. We started out around 7:30 in the morning and finished up in the late afternoon. You couldn't have asked for a better day, the sun was out and the sky was a clear blue. We weren't really pushing the pace by any-means and stayed relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. We had some great conversations on multiple topics that were all over the place. I even ran into my ESG coach Bob DeRoo and rehashed the games, what a blast that was! The best part of the ride was the fully stocked SAG stops, packed with cookies and pb&j sammies! The crazy part was that we were the fastest riders of the course without even putting forth any real efforts.

I've been doing pretty much all of my riding on my mountain bike, I have to say that September is my favorite time of the year. I love the cold, crisp morning, hot afternoons and cool but comfortable evenings. Plus the trails are in awesome shape, and the smell of the woods is ever intoxicating. Besides, I feel really comfortable now on my cake , but I guess soon I might be trading that one in for a 29er! I am pretty excited to ride one for the 06 season.

Football season started this past weekend, and with it starts off the fantasy football action. This week I nudged past my brother and lost a key player to injuries. If I pull of a 1st place this year like last year I'm running a dynasty for sure.

I'm racing tonight at the GVCC Riga race so I'll give a full update, and actually have a report of some racing news up here :)




No comments: