Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Dopers Suck!

What the Hell, Mr. Sheppard were you thinking??

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/8879.0.html

Doping is just wrong, I don't care if its shuffleboard, baseball or cycling. Why put your body thru the after effects of it all just for some piece of glory. How do you explain to your grandkids that you were on top of the world, but then you couldn't race for 2 years or the rest of your life.

I'd rather finish last in every race knowing I was clean than finish 1st once on dope. IMHO

GVCC-Riga

Races seem to be getting quite a bit shorter, with the daylight dwindling. Plus know all the team are using some real tactics. The course isn't overly hard and its tough to get an attack off or a break going anywhere you try. After a few unsuccessful attempts, I sat in for a while and went on the hill on the second lap. Had a gap with Matthis, John Deshaw (sp?)and a Towners (not sure who), Matthis said he would work and I knew John would also, we got up to speed quick and Chris Riley bridged across. The 5 of us worked well together and were not going to get caught. Coming into the final k's it was game on. I found myself on the front, not exactly where I want to be, I did slip off on a rise and should've probably attacked, but I was hesitant, cause I actually wanted to sprint. Well no one made any moves and we came 3 wide into the final 600 meters, I decided to jump on John's wheel but gear skipped and I lost contact with them, ended up 4th with John taking the win.

No comments: